Friday, October 14, 2011

El Trompo!

"Al Pastor" from El Trompo in Kensington Market
You know it’s going to be a good day when its early October, the weather is still so beautiful you can enjoy lunch on a patio, and you get to leave work just after noon on a Friday.  On this particular day I met up with my boyfriend in Kensington Market and enjoyed a little walk around before we settled on the El Trompo patio. I’ve been to this place a few times before and each time I’m pleasantly surprised at how good the Guacamole is. Normally I get annoyed when you order Guac from a restaurant and they bring you, in my mind, what looks like a sample size. El Trompo definitely delivers in the Guacamole department.  We both ordered pork tacos and they come in 5 little soft shells of amazingness. I got the “Al Pastor” which was topped with pineapple, onion, cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime while my man got the “Chuleta Con Queso” topped with molton cheese and onions (highly recommended!). We sipped on coronas, enjoyed the sun and munched away. Glorious! 

The delicious “Chuleta Con Queso", with cheese!

Amazing salsas on the table- highly recommended to put on everything! And to dip chips in...

Leftovers of the Guacamoleeeee

Mid-chew...nomnomnom...hehe


2 comments:

  1. Yummmmm! Where is this place?? Why have we never been!! Take me soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. whos the cutie on the bottom? yumyumyum

    ReplyDelete