Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Simple Appetizer Idea

When I have people over for dinner I go a little (completely) crazy and love planning out a whole menu weeks in advance. I usually have five different options swirling in my head until a few days before I make some concrete decisions.... it really is "my kind of fun". 

My issue arises once I realize that I've completely forgotten to think of an appetizer. My meals are usually so thought out that I want it to be something simple, light, and flavourful but most importantly can just be put out in minutes once everyone shows up. I read a recipe for Marinated Feta and knew that it fit into that category of appetizer immediately. You can make it days in advance (it's better if you do) and you can really throw in anything you want and it tastes fabulous. When people show up you whip it out of the fridge, cut up some fresh bread and dig in!

  Marinated Feta 






Ingredients:
400 g of feta
Handful of mixed olives
Zest of half a lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
A few thyme sprigs
Sun dried tomatoes
Salt and Pepper
Olive oil

Directions:
Cut up feta into bite sizes cubes. Place all dry ingredients (including feta cubes) in a bowl, pour in olive oil (enough to just cover feta). Cover bowl with saran wrap and put in the fridge for 1 hour- up to 3 days. When you're ready to serve, take it out of the fridge. Serve with warm fresh bread. You can dunk the bread in the flavoured olive oil, put the feta on the bread, eat the olives and other goodies in there....really the possibility are endless!





No comments:

Post a Comment