Monday, November 28, 2011

Chicken Romano with a Lemon Butter Sauce


What sounds better than something that is rolled in cheese, fried and baked in a lemon butter sauce? I mean, maybe your arteries have heard of something better, but for me it’s a heavenly mix. I found this recipe for Chicken Romano with a Lemon Butter Sauce on a blog that my friend Tay introduced me to. I immediately added ‘How Sweet It Is’ to my daily readings, not just for the amazing looking recipes (I’ve already made a ton), but because it might be one of the funniest blogs out there. Well I think so at least.

As I’ve mentioned before, Sunday nights= HBO + comfort food (a necessary combo to make me feel better after whatever kind of weekend I’ve been hit with). This one definitely nailed it. The chicken was cheesy and super juicy. I spooned tons of the sauce over it when it was ready and soaped up every bite I ate with more sauce. I could hear the constant sound of “yummmmmm” coming from my man beside me who otherwise was silent for a solid half an hour.  A good sign to say the least. Make this! Or, since I am already ready to eat it again….make me make it for you! We can practice getting our “yummmm”’s in perfect harmony.

Chicken Romano with a Lemon Butter Sauce
 
Flouring station: Dip tenderized chicken in flour, egg then romano cheese

On medium heat, fry chicken in olive oil until golden brown

Melt butter, add lemon juice and the lemons, white wine and oregano (didn't have parsley!)

Pour sauce over chicken, add chicken broth and pop in the oven

Finished! Place chicken on plate, cover with sauce and enjoy!

I served it with a home made Caesar Salad (I'll share the recipe for this another day)

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup flour
2 eggs
3/4 cups romano cheese
3/4 chicken stock
1/2 stick butter
2 whole lemon
1/3 cup white wine (or Apple Cider vinegar and water)
1/2 tablespoon dried parsley (or Oregano)

 Preheat oven to 350. Add olive oil to skillet on medium heat.
Tenderize chicken, then dredge through flour, egg and cheese. Place in skillet and brown on both sides. Once brown, turn off heat.
Melt butter in a small sauce pan. Add lemon juice and chopped up lemons. Try to discard all seeds. Add white wine and parsley. Let come to a boil. then pour entire mix into chicken skillet. Add chicken stock to skillet.
Cover and bake for about 20 minutes at 350. Serve with pasta or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment