Monday, November 7, 2011

Gilead Café


If you’re in Toronto and you’re ever in a pinch over where to go for Brunch on a Sunday morning- I’ve got the answer for you.  Two words: Gilead Café. It’s just off King St. E, it’s Jaime Kennedy’s brainchild and it’s truly spectacular. I went one Sunday morning with 3 of my girlfriends a couple of weeks ago (for my friend Taylor's sensual review, please check out her blog here). We had all read countless reviews and recommendations for Gilead Café so the excitement driving down was growing strong. 

And ohhhh lady, it did not disappoint. It actually did better than that- it blew me away. As a self-described Eggs Benedict connoisseur, I can confidently say that these were the best Eggs Benny I’ve ever had. Hands down. And it didn’t stop there- everything my friends and I ordered was a party in your mouth- right down to the side salad (I kid you not). While I was there I was even tempted to just stay in my seat for an hour or two and order dinner, I really didn’t want to leave and I really did want to try everything else on the menu. I’m looking forward to returning soon and trying out their dinner menu….and I have a really good feeling about it. So GO, and as an extra bonus: I saw Jaime Kennedy in the kitchen cooking (two birds with one stone: celebrity chef spotting & a guarantee that it’ll be good or we can for-shame said celebrity chef). For more info or to check out the menu, go here.

The MOST delicious Eggs Benedict

What a Treat: Blueberry French Toast

How can a side salad actually taste this good...

And definitely order the fries! Tossed in thyme served with a side of Mayo

No comments:

Post a Comment